Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #11
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

DracoFelis,

I was aware of the approach you outlined to accomplish forwarding of Gizmo Project and Stanaphone calls via IPKall, but as manula pointed out, this turns free incoming DID calls and free in-network calls into paid-for calls (OK, I admit it, I'm a tight-wad ). I'm glad you brought it to our attention as it will likely be benefical to others.

The good news, as pointed out by punjabi, is that Gizmo Project does in fact support URI forwarding if you ignore all the indications to the contrary.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2006, 02:23 AM   #12
punjabi

punjabi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Gizmo Project's web site has no place to enter call forwarding and Sipphone's web site says it will NOT work with URI's. When I originally checked the Gizmo Project forums, the concensus was that forwarding to a URI was not possible. Thanks to your referral, I found the new thread and sure enough, if you ignore all the indications to the contrary (including it not displaying properly even after you enter it), it DOES work. This is great as I really wanted incoming Gizmo Project/Sipphone calls to ring my VoXaLot number.

Ron
It seems there are some bugs in the Gizmo Project's SIP URI forwarding and their tech support acknowledges them. I hope Gizmo Project is able to fix them. They don't seem to officially support it or advertise it for that matter. And yes, unfortunately unlike FWD, call forwarding can only be enabled from their software client. I wish they supported setting call forwarding from their website as well.

But hey, it works! Gizmo has potential but it has a lot to do in terms of their software client as well customer support before it can appeal to the critical mass or become a serious Skype competitor.
punjabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #13
ThaiConnection

ThaiConnection is on a distinguished road

Hi Ron,

Sorry to back track you. I have set Freedigits DID, IPKall DID and FWD forwarding all call to sip:8xxxxx@voxalot.com but non of them works. How did you get yours working?

When I use VOIPbuster to call the DID of Freedigits and IPKall, it indicate ringing, then ended by the other party? (my ATA with Voxalot Account did not ring at all)

FWD only works when I call to my ATA at 8xxxxx@xxx.dyndns.org but forwarding fail to work even when I set to my ATA address.

Let me know if there is anything that I may have miss out. Your help will be most appreciated.

Thanks.
ThaiConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #14
Ron

In general, your "sip:8xxxxx@voxalot.com" forwarding looks correct. On FreeDigits, they don't want the 'sip:' at the front. On IPKall, they want it as two fields (8xxxxx and voxalot.com) and no 'sip:' anywhere. IPKall can take an hour or more to recognize the change. FWD should be "sip:8xxxxx@voxalot.com", but FWD has been having a lot of problems for a long time now with changes on the 'Extra Features' page not taking effect (ever).

I don't understand the following statement:

"FWD only works when I call to my ATA at 8xxxxx@xxx.dyndns.org but forwarding fail to work even when I set to my ATA address."

Ron
Unread 04-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #15
ThaiConnection

I mean to say that I setup my sip device (Analog Telephone Adaptor) with a public address using dyndns.org that accept call to 8xxxxx@mydomain.dyndns.org

I was able to received call from FWD when I dial the above URI but fail to receive any call when set permanent forwarding to above URI.

Anyway, I my IPKall was set 2 weeks ago the same way you set yours, but it does not seems to call my voxalot numbers. IPKall DID works well connecting to my FWD account.

Any advice? Thanks for you prompt reply.
Unread 04-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #16
ThaiConnection

Hi Ron,

I tried Freedigits DID forwarding to sip URI of my voxalot numbers (Call rejected). I also tried forwarding to sip URI of my FWD numbers (works).

When calling to another voxalot user I have to use 8829993 before the 6 digits user id to reach the other party. I thought just the 6 digits user id should works?

Does voxalot rejects peering from other Sip Providers? Calling to voxalot user via URI does not seems to work at all. I don't think call forwarding will work if I cannot even call via URI.

Is it possible that only some user like me are affected, because the server we registered to, does not accept peering from some sip providers?
Unread 04-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #17
Ron

ThaiConnection,

I'm not aware of any problems with forwarding to VoXaLot from any provider which supports SIP URI forwarding. It has worked fine from day one for me with FWD, IPKall, FreeDigits, and now Gizmo Project. The general format is "sip:<voxalot_number>@voxalot.com" (along with the variations previously described). Your ATA that is registered with VoXaLot should then receive those incoming calls.

Using the DracoFelis approach to forward calls directy to your ATA using "sip:<voxalot_number>@mydomain.dyndns.org" *should* work, but requires that your router have port forwarding in place place and be working properly. Since there's no need to wrestle with this approach, I highly recommend letting VoXaLot do all the work.

You should be able to call another VoXaLot user by simply using his 6-digit VoXaLot number, providing you're calling out on your ATA that is registered with VoXaLot.

It's starting to sound like you don't have your ATA set up properly with VoXaLot. The UserID should be your VoXaLot number. The password should be your VoXaLot password. The Proxy/Host should be voxalot.com. You should be able to dial 500 and reach your voicemail. Dialing 600 should get an echo test.

Ron
Unread 04-11-2006, 12:42 AM   #18
ThaiConnection

Hi Ron,

As I suspected, User Id starting with 8xxxxx@voxalot.com is not functioning properly. When calling with Softphones, it shows "incomplete address" or "call terminated by other party"

I registered 2 user ids starting with 3xxxxx@voxalot.com, and change 2 of my ata's user id to 3xxxxx (nothing else is change), then everything is working the way you say it should :- 6 digits call to other voxalot user works and call forwarding from freedigits or IPKall works.

However, calls to 8xxxxx@voxalot.com, using only 6 digits still fails and forwarding from other sip provider also fails.

Kindly let me know if the problem can be fixed, so that I can use back the 8xxxxx@voxalot.com

Thanks.

Last edited by ThaiConnection; 04-11-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Unread 04-11-2006, 12:59 AM   #19
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Can you please PM the 8xxxxx and 3xxxxx numbers to me so we can take a look?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:08 AM   #20
ThaiConnection

Hi Martin,

I PM to you the 8xxxxx and 3xxxxx numbers. Did you received them?

For the mean time I think I have to register some 3xxxxx numbers for use first.