Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
agsteele

agsteele is on a distinguished road
Question CID and leading characters...

I have recently upgraded to a VoxLite account.

This provides me with exactly what I need. I have two PSTN numbers which I can forward by SIP uri and one Voice Service Provider which Voxalot registers with correctly.

Before Voxalot I used to forward my PSTN numbers directly to my VSP number. CID received was always correct and displayed the originating number as expected eg: 01234567890

Now that I have combined everything within Voxalot I am finding the following oddities with the CID received.

If I call my VSP number then the CID is still correct: 01234567890

If I call one of my PSTN numbers the CID received is: 1234567890 (ie leading zero is dropped and call cannot be returned because of missing digit).

If I call the other PSTN number the CID received is: +441234567890 (ie leading zero is replaced by international format country code +44 which also cannot be returned because +44 isn't recognised other than by cell/mobile devices).

Does anyone know if there is there anything I can do through dial plans etc to format these incoming call displays correctly?

I should add that the mysteries of dial plans is new to me so I'd appreciate being treated as an idiot if there is anything that I need to set up.

Thanks in advance...

Andrew
agsteele is offline   Reply With Quote