Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
addo62

addo62 is on a distinguished road
Default NodePhone & Voxalot

Does anybody know if Internode's VOIP (NodePhone) works with Voxalot please?
addo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by addo62 View Post
Does anybody know if Internode's VOIP (NodePhone) works with Voxalot please?
I believe it does. However, if you get shaped, your Nodephone service will be affected, whereas it wouldn't be if your ATA was registered to Nodephone (assuming your ISP is Internode).
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
addo62

addo62 is on a distinguished road

Thanks ozimarco.

I am an Internode customer but I do not use my NodePhone account, I am just trying it out for someone else on Whirlpool who wants to know for possible future use with Voxalot.

I have tried to register Internode but it just states "Request Sent", I don't know how long that will take. With MNF it happens in a few mins.
addo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
tdogg

tdogg is on a distinguished road

hello! i am that person who was asking about this originally over at whirlpool. thanks for trying to help! i only just found this thread now.

and yes the time has come where i am now an internode customer and trying to get my nodephone to accept incoming calls via voxalot so i can ditch my telstra landline for good.

can't get it working yet. it's all a bit over my head, i don't know where to start for troubleshooting.

i'm using an NB9W - registered with voxalot - and have successfully listed nodephone in my voxalot VSP's.

outgoing calls work fine, registered or not. i have upgraded my voxalot plan, and have successfully registered nodephone with voxalot.

but calling the nodephone DID doesn't make my ata/router ring. i get an engaged tone.

would appreciate any help with this.

-trev.

edit - found this in another thread, is it relevant?

"The problem with registering with Internode is that they do not allow SIP calls to be re-directed to your ATA (via your Internode SIP xxx@internode...) when you are "registered" with them. (no green tick on the Whitepages)

so that's why I suggested setting up a Default Forward (Set Active) and pointing it to your address (Dns or IP does not matter) using your Internode Number. For your ATA to ring, the "Phone Number" must match. This is why I suggested using your Internode number in your Forward address."

edit 2 – update on the situation:

i started playing with the "Call connection / call forwarding" feature at voxalot. to test it i set all incoming calls to be sent to my current telstra pstn (this pstn also goes into the same ATA – my NB9W)

i then rang my nodephone number from my mobile. my ATA rang. so nodephone registration is working perfectly with voxalot.

so it seems my issue is to get my ATA (NB9W) to correctly receive incoming calls from voxalot, nothing to do with nodephone itself.

thanks for everyone's help so far, and if you can continue to help, i'd be very grateful!

Last edited by tdogg; 05-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.
tdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg View Post

edit 2 – update on the situation:

i started playing with the "Call connection / call forwarding" feature at voxalot. to test it i set all incoming calls to be sent to my current telstra pstn (this pstn also goes into the same ATA – my NB9W)

i then rang my nodephone number from my mobile. my ATA rang. so nodephone registration is working perfectly with voxalot.

so it seems my issue is to get my ATA (NB9W) to correctly receive incoming calls from voxalot, nothing to do with nodephone itself.

thanks for everyone's help so far, and if you can continue to help, i'd be very grateful!
Hmm,

So if you set up a CallForward rule the calls rings..

Edit the Call Forward Rule you set up before...but instead of PSTN choose 'My VoXalot Acct.' as the destination

It should now hopefully ring the ATA...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
tdogg

tdogg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
but instead of PSTN choose 'My VoXalot Acct.' as the destination

It should now hopefully ring the ATA...
i assume you mean the "my voxalot number" option?

result is an engaged tone, same as it was before without call forwarding.

it seems to be an issue connecting my ATA (netcomm NB9W) with voxalot correctly - outgoing works, but incoming doesn't.

i also found this post:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...alls-dids.html

and upgraded to the newest firmware - still have the problem. not sure if finding that particular beta firmware might help?
tdogg is offline   Reply With Quote