Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
zaqry

zaqry is on a distinguished road
Default To combine DID and call termination, simple enough?

…a global internet telephony service that provides you with an easy and convenient way to manage all of your other VoIP providers from one central location...
It sounds like a PBX, but I don’t find it stated outright. What is Voxalot then?

Voxalot and MySipSwitch refer to each other and are often used together. My intuition was to use either or. Why are they often both required?

What I need to do is combine a new US Sipgate DID for incoming and VoipDiscount (BetaMax) for outgoing calls.

I looked at the x-lite softphone client (to start simple), but it won’t allow different in/out providers until you upgrade.

Thanks for your help getting me started.
zaqry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqry View Post
…a global internet telephony service that provides you with an easy and convenient way to manage all of your other VoIP providers from one central location...
It sounds like a PBX, but I don’t find it stated outright. What is Voxalot then?

Voxalot and MySipSwitch refer to each other and are often used together. My intuition was to use either or. Why are they often both required?

What I need to do is combine a new US Sipgate DID for incoming and VoipDiscount (BetaMax) for outgoing calls.

I looked at the x-lite softphone client (to start simple), but it won’t allow different in/out providers until you upgrade.

Thanks for your help getting me started.

Incoming Calls Part:
Option 1: Register SIPGate in MSS and point to ring to your VoXalot SIP URI
or
Option 2: Register SIPGate in VoXalot (Premium Acct. Required)

Outgoing Calls Part:
Setup your Betamax provider in VoXalot and setup a Smart Call/Dial Plan for outgoing calls ...

Receiving and Making calls:
Now that you've completed the other two parts above simply register your Xlite or ATA with your VoXalot Acct ...all incoming calls should ring in...and all outgoing calls will go out via BetaMax...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Unless things have changed, I don't think you can register Sipgate in Voxalot. . .

So Option 1 is the workaround in this case.
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
Unless things have changed, I don't think you can register Sipgate in Voxalot. . .

So Option 1 is the workaround in this case.
Good point...

That was the case for SIPGate DE, I am not sure if SIPGate US has the same problem....gonna have to test...
Unread 07-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
zaqry

Thank you both. So, MSS and Voxalot are both PBXs, but:

MSS trips up on the Betamax FUP
and
Voxalot is disqualified by Sipgate policy

hence, they are used together as a voip solution ???

I assume that if I then give my SIP address to friends (in addition to DID), they can also call me SIP-to-SIP. ?
Unread 07-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
emoci

Quote:

and

I assume that if I then give my SIP address to friends (in addition to DID), they can also call me SIP-to-SIP. ?
Yep SIP-to-SIP should not be a problem...
Unread 07-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:

and

Well, I have my Sipgate UK DID registered with PBXes.com and set to point to my Voxalot URI. Inbound Sipgate calls ring fine. Outgoing calls using Voxalot -> Sipgate never were a problem as you don't have to register the Sipgate DID in Voxalot to make an outbound call.
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
zaqry

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Incoming Calls Part:
Option 1: Register SIPGate in MSS and point to ring to your VoXalot SIP URI

...simply register your Xlite or ATA with your VoXalot Acct ...all incoming calls should ring in...and all outgoing calls will go out via BetaMax...
If the call is not answered, would I have it directed back to the SIPGate voicemail system? Is that already in one of the dial plans?
Unread 07-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
zaqry

If the call is not answered, how do I direct it back into the SIPGate voicemail system?

But first:
To register SIPGate in MSS:
“The Console can only be used where the Silverlight browser application is able to establish a direct TCP connection back to the SIP Sorcery server on port 4502.”

I am on a cable modem connection at home. The console is "Ready”, but not “auto refresh enabled". Can I just load or set something in Silverlight? How to proceed?

Looking at the panel, I will still need the settings. Please help.
Unread 07-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I am almost sure there are some free Windows softphones that would allow combining of two or more providers. I can't give you any names, I use Twinkle which runs under Linux.

There are hardware devices that would do the job, such as the SPA1001 from Sipura/Linksys. It could even be done with an special entry in the dial plan of an ordinary ATA (such as the PAP2) if you can open a VoipDiscount account having the same SIP user ID and password as you have with Sipgate.

There is a slight downside to calling out using a BetaMax service through Voxalot. The voice packets of at least one side of the conversation will always pass through Voxalot's proxy, thereby adding a small amount of latency to the call. Apparently this is because BetaMax equipment does not allow renegotiation of the voice path once the call has begun, and Voxalot (for reasons not yet known) initially gives BetaMax it's own IP address (instead of yours) for the voice packet destination.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote