Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
pedroz

pedroz is on a distinguished road
Default incoming calls | problem

Hi.

I have the following scenario:

1. DIDww number forwarding to terrasip account (SIP)
2. Voxalot Premium with terrasip registered account
3. Sony P1i with Uniphone software with voxalot sip client

If I open the Voip client (Uniphone) in my mobile I can receive a call perfectly, the quality is quite good. However, the problem is if I leave the phone without activity for more than 30minutes the calls will start going to the voicemail.

Conclusion:
The calls are reaching the Voxalot account number, the problem is the bridge between voxalot and my mobile.

I already tried:
-Reducing the registration timeout of the SIP client
-Call forwarding rule to my voxalot account for all incoming calls
-Have STUN server with NAT no
-No STUN server and NAT yes

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
pedroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroz View Post
Hi.

I have the following scenario:

1. DIDww number forwarding to terrasip account (SIP)
2. Voxalot Premium with terrasip registered account
3. Sony P1i with Uniphone software with voxalot sip client

If I open the Voip client (Uniphone) in my mobile I can receive a call perfectly, the quality is quite good. However, the problem is if I leave the phone without activity for more than 30minutes the calls will start going to the voicemail.

Conclusion:
The calls are reaching the Voxalot account number, the problem is the bridge between voxalot and my mobile.

I already tried:
-Reducing the registration timeout of the SIP client
-Call forwarding rule to my voxalot account for all incoming calls
-Have STUN server with NAT no
-No STUN server and NAT yes

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

I am not familiar with the mobile phone you are using....but is there any options in the phone regarding WiFi connectivity and what happens whent he phone is Idle...maybe some sort of power saving option...

I am thinking that maybe it is not your SIP Client, but rather your internet connection is being put on some sort of Stand By after not being in use for a certain amount of time
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
pedroz

It is a wise comment but I think it is not the phone settings. I had already thought about it too...

Just an add-on: if I call from a PSTN line or from other voxalot SIP number it works fine, rings perfectly.

The problem is only if I call from a voip service like Voipbuster. It sometimes rings, but usually goes to voicemail.
Unread 04-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroz View Post
It is a wise comment but I think it is not the phone settings. I had already thought about it too...

Just an add-on: if I call from a PSTN line or from other voxalot SIP number it works fine, rings perfectly.

The problem is only if I call from a voip service like Voipbuster. It sometimes rings, but usually goes to voicemail.
Hmm...that great enigma that is BetaMax.....

When you are calling from VoipBuster, are you calling a DID that is associated with/rings in VoXalot (so is it a PSTN call from VoipBuster) or are you trying to call to your VoXalot SIP URI from VoIP Buster

Have you tried calling into a SipBroker access number and then dialing *010-123456 (where 123456 would be your VoXalot number)....does it seem ok then

What I am trying to get at, is the instances in which it works or doesn't work...

So far it Works:
-Call from PSTN to a DID associated with your Acct. (correct me if I'm wrong)
-Call from another VoXalot acct.

So far doesn't work:
-Call from VoIP Buster (need to clarify PSTN vs. SIP URI)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
pedroz

Thanks emoci!

I was away this weekend... Here are my answers:

When you are calling from VoipBuster, are you calling a DID that is associated with/rings in VoXalot (so is it a PSTN call from VoipBuster) or are you trying to call to your VoXalot SIP URI from VoIP Buster?
Answer: calling from my voipbuster software installed on windows to my DID associated with/rings in Voxalot. Sometimes it rings, sometimes not. Voipbuster software does not allow calls to sip addresses.

So far it Works:
-Call from PSTN to a DID associated with your Acct. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Yes.

-Call from another VoXalot acct.
Yes

So far doesn't work:
-Call from VoIP Buster (need to clarify PSTN vs. SIP URI)
Yes, calling from voipbuster software installed in windows it rings sometimes, other times it goes to the voicemail. Also if I call from a telephone company like tele2.es which install a phone in your house with voip calls.