Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 01-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
MountainX

MountainX is on a distinguished road
Default Can I use Google Voice voice mail with Voxalot?

I like the voice mail features of Google Voice. In particular, I like:
* notifications (with emailed transcripts & audio)
* personalized greetings per caller or per group
* all voice mail messages in one place (including calls to mobile phone number)

I don't know of another voice mail service with these features. But I am not happy with the rest of Google Voice, particularly the call quality and connection reliability. So I'm switching to Voxalot.

Can I continue to use just GV's voice mail? If so, is there a forwarding cost (per minute) when incoming calls get transferred to voice mail? (My sip provider gives me free incoming minutes but I will get billed if the call is forwarded to a DID.)

Thanks for any ideas.
MountainX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
MGifos

MGifos will become famous soon enough

I am sorry for taking so long to reply. I am not exactly sure what you want to do, but I use Google Voice this way;

I have a US local number in Google Voice. This is forwarded to my 'home' phone number inthe US, which is actually an IPKall number (FREE IP Calling with IPKall).

The IPKall number is linked to my Voxalot account.

This means that any calls to my Google Voice number will ring at my Voxalot account.

Regards. MG.
MGifos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
rastasean

rastasean is on a distinguished road
Default still a little confused...

I am mostly understanding this but please clarify with me.

Google # has been created and linked to two cell phones & a house phone all within the same US area code of 512.

I created a voxalot account and the extension is 2727## and I also have an ipkall number in the format of 360 519 5###.

Lastly I have linked ipkall & 2727## together so when I dial 360 519 5###, I get the voxalot voicemail box and when I leave a message, its emailed to me.

How would I make google voice ring to a phone I can't even answer to type in the correct code?

What do you use voxalot and ipkall for, just voicemail?

thanks
rastasean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastasean View Post
I am mostly understanding this but please clarify with me.

Google # has been created and linked to two cell phones & a house phone all within the same US area code of 512.

I created a voxalot account and the extension is 2727## and I also have an ipkall number in the format of 360 519 5###.

Lastly I have linked ipkall & 2727## together so when I dial 360 519 5###, I get the voxalot voicemail box and when I leave a message, its emailed to me.

How would I make google voice ring to a phone I can't even answer to type in the correct code?

What do you use voxalot and ipkall for, just voicemail?

thanks
Have IPKall number directed to VoXalot...

Add IPKall number into GoogleVoice (4th number).

Register a Device/SoftPhone with your VoXalot acct. (you probabaly want to do this early enough to receive the confirmation call from above).

Calls to GoogleVoice will now ring three other phones plus your VoXalot line...but messages will end in GoogleVoice's VoiceMail not VoXalot's

I suspect you are after something more complicated... so here's an example of what I have attempted:

-I have a DID with VBuzzer
-An account with Voip.ms
-A master account with multiple providers with VoXalot and my ATA registered with VoXalot.

VBuzzer DID >pointed to> Voip.ms Virtual DID >pointed to> VoXalot SIP URI with Failover after 20 sec to GoogleVoice Number which has been set to immediately send calls to VM (ability to forward with failover is a feature offered by Voip.ms)

The idea is that when a call comes in, it rings my ATA registered with VoXalot and should I not answer within 20 sec (about 3 rings) it goes over to GV for a VM to be collected which is then transcribed.

Cost:
Incoming DID minutes: Free
Forwarding and Failover features at Voip.ms (whether I answer or not answer): 0.25/month and $0.001/min (a tenth of cent)
Cost for forwarding to GoogleVoice if I don't answer: $0.0125/min (using premium Voip.ms route for calls to a US GV number)

There's no way to directly point to GV without inccuring some cost since there is no direct SIP connectivity (unless you had a provider with free calls to the US...or were willing to jump through hoops to leverage two different GV accounts with SipSorcery...and in both cases you would most likely loose Caller ID information in the VoiceMail messages if you did so)

Last edited by emoci; 06-27-2010 at 03:14 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote