Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 10-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
bridonca

bridonca is on a distinguished road
Default Web Call Back feature request

Hi! I have just started to play with the Web Call Back feature and I can see this being a feature I will use a lot! Web Call Back seems naturally suited for a cell phone that has unlimited incoming minutes. However there is a problem, Voxalot does not look that pretty and is rather cumbersome on a cell phone's wap browser.

What would be cool is if there was a setup which allowed for a direct html link to each entry in the Web Call Back phone book. It would not matter if it is a long link, either bit.ly and the like could fix that, or one could put all the phone book links onto another web page. Just set up all the phone numbers with a proper browser as one can do now, and then create a simple web page with the Web Call Back phone book links. One could then easily view those links from their wap browser on the cell phone.

I hope you understand what I am talking about, and I hope it is something easy to do. Thank you.
bridonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Can you try Voxalot for Mobiles and see if it meets your needs :
Voxalot
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
bridonca

bridonca is on a distinguished road

This is sweet! This Voxalot mobile site has a lot to like!
I like these direct links, very easy to put on a web page.

This one especially.
Voxalot
It will directly initiate that pre-selected phone book call.

Voxalot
Selects the Web Call Back phone book.

Voxalot
Allows you to select new numbers.

All easy click-able links that are easy to add to a web page!

I ran in a problem though.

I tried to test the Voxalot mobile site on the browser of my Pirelli DP-L10 Dual Phone (GSM and WIFI SIP VOIP) The phone's browser could not even register my Voxalot login credentials! Awful browser to be sure, but mine is not the only phone with a sub standard web browser.

What I would like is to have the option of not needing to login on the direct phone book links such as these.
Voxalot

The advantage would be not only do I have a way around my crappy wap browser's limitations, I could send those links to friends without them needing my login credentials. A good example is if you have a girlfriend in another city, and you want to keep in touch. You email her a phone book link that has her phone number, and your phone number. When she clicks on the link, she can call you toll free. If things go sour with the relationship, you just delete that phone link. She does not even have to know your phone number!

All in all, I am tickled pink about the Voxalot mobile site, very much appreciated!
bridonca is offline   Reply With Quote