Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
povlhp

povlhp is on a distinguished road
Default Problems registering with eu.voxaot.com

Hi,

I am having problems having my SPA-2000 registering with eu.voxalot.com at different times. Traceroute is fine, <50ms response. But registration fails. I can telnet to the server at port 5060 and get a response.

Normally I can redirect to us.voxalot.com, but this is not something I can ask my wife to do. Often a few days later I will switch back.

Are there known problems with the eu servers ? I have had the problem for 2-3 weeks. (I also have retrain problems n my ADSL in the same period, bt I have the problem even when stable Internet is back up)
povlhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

There are no official issues reported with the server itself....(although the eu and au server have in general had more complaints recently, not all regarding registration, but in general...)

One thing to consider: Is this issue with eu.voxalot.com occurring just after your ADSL connection has been restored...?

I've noticed that in some cases when I've had to resync my DSL connection, it helps to power the ATA Off and On just after the internet has been restored
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp View Post
(I also have retrain problems with my ADSL in the same period, but I have the problem even when stable Internet is back up)
What would happen if your DSL connection would, for a time, allow outbound packets, but could not receive packets? What would eu.voxalot.com do if your ATA did not receive the proxy's reply and tried to register every 30 seconds (the default Reg Retry Intvl). Some proxies will ban an ATA that tries to register too often. I do not know what eu.voxalot.com would do, but it's something to consider if your DSL connection is unreliable.

Last edited by boatman; 07-30-2008 at 07:13 PM.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I've been having the same problem as you for about a month now it seems, I've just directly registered with my provider for now.

Seems I lose my registration and can't register again - or for some extended period. If I change to the US server I can get back on no problem. On Voxalot's end it shows I'm not registered when this happens.

Not sure what the problem is, could even be my setup -- even though it hasn't changed for about 6 months. Who knows???

Good luck! I haven't got time to troubleshoot, so be sure to let others know what you find -- might help us others as well...
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote