Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
Bedlore

Bedlore is on a distinguished road
Default Registration is Forbidden

Having just set up a new paid account and trying to register it with my ATA, I am getting the following:

Jul 16 19:01:22 home.gateway:sip_SipTransactionManager_?:none: SIP Registration is Forbidden for phone XXXXX

I am using the au.voxalot.com proxy

How can I get this to not be forbidden and connect my ATA?

Also, the Voxalot account has registered with my SIP provider - MNF, and rules for diversion and voicemail have been put in place on Voxalot. However, when calling the MNF DID, all I get now is a message stating that the call could not be connected. It is not going to voicemail.

Last edited by Bedlore; 07-16-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Bedlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Bedlore

So now after a few hours, there has been a change whereby the registration is no longer forbidden, but I am still getting:

:sip_SipTransactionManager_?:none: SIP Invalid Username/Password for phone 723272

I have checked and rechecked Username and Password is correct.
Unread 07-17-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
Bedlore

*BUMP*
Please help - I need SUPPORT to get this new account working.
Unread 07-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Bedlore,

What is the domain you are using? It should be voxalot.com with the proxy set to au.voxalot.com

Other than that, the only other possibility is an invalid password.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 04:43 AM   #5
Bedlore

Unhappy

Hi Martin, thanks for helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
What is the domain you are using? It should be voxalot.com with the proxy set to au.voxalot.com

Other than that, the only other possibility is an invalid password.
I have tried every combination under the sun, I have compared setting to another working Voxalot account I use on a different ATA, so unless its a bug with the Billion modem I'm using I'm out of ideas. I have retyped my user and password a million times and can login to the Voxalot web site with my user/pass without problems. I've attached a screenshot of my settings just in case you spot anything I have done wrong.

What do I do now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg voip.jpg (10.1 KB, 10 views)
Unread 07-18-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

That's mighty small print in your screen shot. For Registrar you are supposed to have au.voxalot.com, not voxalot.com.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
Bedlore

Thanks Boatman, I had tried that previously, but just in case I now tried it again without success. Interestingly if I change "User Domain/Realm", "Outbound Proxy Address" and the "Registrar Address(or Hostname)" to au.voxalot.com then the error message changes FROM:
Jul 18 16:57:54 home.gateway:sip_SipTransactionManager_?:none: SIP Registration is Forbidden for phone 723272
TO:
Jul 18 16:58:29 home.gateway:sip_SipTransactionManager_?:none: SIP Invalid Username/Password for phone 723272

I also tried registering the account from a different ATA altogether and also had no success. Also re-uploaded the screenshot at normal resolution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg voip.jpg (20.1 KB, 8 views)
Unread 07-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

From reading SIP packets of a successfully registration with us.voxalot.com it appears that Realm should be "voxalot.com". It seems that your Billion ATA successfully completed SIP authentication in the first instance above, and yet was prevented from registering, and you received the "SIP Registration is Forbidden" message. When you changed Realm to au.voxalot.com then registration failed and the process never progressed far enough to receive the "SIP Registration is Forbidden" message.

If you have second working Voxalot account try registering the Billion to that account. If the Billion unit works with the second Voxalot account it means the "Registration Forbidden" problem is with the first Voxalot account.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #9
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

The domain/realm should be set to voxalot.com the proxy set to au.voxalot.com and the outbound proxy blank.

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
Bedlore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
The domain/realm should be set to voxalot.com the proxy set to au.voxalot.com and the outbound proxy blank.
Made sure outbound proxy is blank.

To me this is looking like a voxalot bug with this account. I did the following test.

On yet another one of my ATA's (3rd tested now) which I currently use for my first Voxalot account I changed the memberID and password to the new voxalot account and was unable to connect. I logged into voxalot website successfully changed the password then retried with the ATA, still no joy.

I then changed just my username / password back to my first voxalot account and it registered immediately. I don't understand how it could be anything else other than a problem with this particular account.

Martin perhaps you could try and register this account on one of your ATA's? just change the password to what ever you want.

Thanks

Last edited by Bedlore; 07-19-2009 at 12:56 PM.