Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > VoIP Related > VoIP News

VoIP News Voice over IP news articles, stories and reviews.

Unread 04-18-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough
Default More tricks for free phone calls

Markus Göbel provides quite a comprehensive guide on how to get more free phone calls.

Markus Göbel's Tech News Comments: More tricks for free phone calls

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
dennisd345

dennisd345 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dennisd345 Send a message via Skype™ to dennisd345
Default Here's a Great List of US 800 Numbers

Hi All,

Here is a web site with great information numbers, there are a lot of them. I hope the community can use time since the calls are free. Remember to take the ( ) from around the 800 and add a 1 to the number!

2007 Toll-Free Numbers for Health Information

Dennis
dennisd345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
dennisd345

dennisd345 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dennisd345 Send a message via Skype™ to dennisd345
Default Here is AnotherOne, A 411 (Information)

Me Again,

I came across this very useful information number. You can have either residential or business information. If the computer does not understand you, you are router to a live man or woman! The only thing is an advert at the beginning but it isn't that bad and/or long. It is 1-800-Free-411 (1-800-3733-411 ) enjoy (the information is only for the USA ).
dennisd345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #4
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default NoNoh offers free calls to various countries

Free VOIP Solution Free calls Worldwide: NoNoh offers free calls to various countries

The latest Betamax company Nonoh is offering free calls to following destinations:

Argentina (Landline), Australia (Landline) , Austria (Landline),Belgium (Landline), Bolivia (Landline), Brazil (Landline), Bulgaria (Landline), Canada (Landline & Mobile), China (Landline & Mobile), Croatia (Landline),Czech Republic (Landline),Denmark (Landline),Estonia (Landline),Finland (Landline),France (Landline),Germany (Landline),Greece (Landline),Hong Kong (Landline),Hungary (Landline),Ireland (Landline),Japan (Landline),Latvia (Landline),Malaysia (Landline),Netherlands (Landline),New Zealand (Landline),Norway (Landline),Panama (Landline),Peru (Landline),Poland (Landline),Portugal (Landline),Puerto Rico (Landline), Romania (Landline) , Russian Federation (Landline) ,Singapore (Landline),Slovak Republic (Landline),Slovenia (Landline),South Korea (Landline),Spain (Landline),Sweden (Landline),Switzerland (Landline),Taiwan (Landline), Thailand (Landline & Mobile), Turkey (Landline),United Kingdom (Landline),United States (Landline),Venezuela (Landline)

I have never seen an offer with that many free destinations. Until now it works like Jajah or Voxalot's web callback. But in their FAQ they already mention a downloadable software. As we know from Betamax this can be an intermediate step to give their users the SIP settings so that people can use Nonoh on their ATA.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoebel View Post
Free VOIP Solution Free calls Worldwide: NoNoh offers free calls to various countries

The latest Betamax company Nonoh is offering free calls to following destinations:

Argentina (Landline), Australia (Landline) , Austria (Landline),Belgium (Landline), Bolivia (Landline), Brazil (Landline), Bulgaria (Landline), Canada (Landline & Mobile), China (Landline & Mobile), Croatia (Landline),Czech Republic (Landline),Denmark (Landline),Estonia (Landline),Finland (Landline),France (Landline),Germany (Landline),Greece (Landline),Hong Kong (Landline),Hungary (Landline),Ireland (Landline),Japan (Landline),Latvia (Landline),Malaysia (Landline),Netherlands (Landline),New Zealand (Landline),Norway (Landline),Panama (Landline),Peru (Landline),Poland (Landline),Portugal (Landline),Puerto Rico (Landline), Romania (Landline) , Russian Federation (Landline) ,Singapore (Landline),Slovak Republic (Landline),Slovenia (Landline),South Korea (Landline),Spain (Landline),Sweden (Landline),Switzerland (Landline),Taiwan (Landline), Thailand (Landline & Mobile), Turkey (Landline),United Kingdom (Landline),United States (Landline),Venezuela (Landline)

I have never seen an offer with that many free destinations. Until now it works like Jajah or Voxalot's web callback. But in their FAQ they already mention a downloadable software. As we know from Betamax this can be an intermediate step to give their users the SIP settings so that people can use Nonoh on their ATA.

Hi Markus...
Nice product though! Thanx a lot.
Seems this is not sip based; can you please confirm?
Question 2: Where the h*** is the app we have to download?
Best regards...
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road

Nobody knows the SIP settings yet. Even the download link for the application doesn't work. But maybe later they will give the SIP data. This happens often at Betamax.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
tdogg

tdogg is on a distinguished road

quick update - nonoh charge a 5c connection fee on ALL calls, regardless of length, or even if the call is successful. It is not sip based, you have to enter the number you want to dial from (your number) and the destination number into the program, and then they call your phone. you pick up, and then they dial the number for you. that process costs 5c, even if no one picks up, or is engaged. and it seems you get cut off after a few minutes, maybe 5 mins?
tdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #8
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Did you buy credits? this happens usually with test calls.
If no, how do you get the info about the fee connection?
People reported over blogs that the set up fees where an issue for nonoh and betamax recognized the issue.
infos HERE
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #9
bogolopian

bogolopian is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to bogolopian
Thumbs up Betamax

Nonoh.net does not charge 5c per call as per the earlier thread. I use it and all calls are free. All betamax Sip sevices point to the same server and although I registered myself to sip, nonoh accounts are blocked. Also beware as VoipWise | Free Calls give free calls to countries like Turkey and allow for SIP, but charge for the sip calls. This information is on the website, but could be easily missed. I've happily used nonoh.net, internetcalls.com, voipbuster.com and voipcheap.co.uk over the last 2 years without problems.
bogolopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
EdGordon007

EdGordon007 is on a distinguished road
Default Migrating phonebook entries from FreeCall to Nonoh

I have both FreeCall and Nonoh, having discovered the latter only about a month ago. I have accumulated a large (ca. 120) list of mobile phone numbers which I use with FreeCall, since its SMS cost is quite low. (My "free days" with FreeCall have expired, and I would rather add credit to Nonoh.)

Is there a way to migrate my FreeCall list of phone numbers to the Nonoh software? These two companies are clearly under the same "umbrella", as can easily be seen from their websites. In fact, I found out about Nonoh through a pop-up which occurred on the FreeCall site!
EdGordon007 is offline   Reply With Quote