Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #1
klap282799

klap282799 is on a distinguished road
Default Question on speed Dial plan between Voxalot member.

I want to route calls to a specific server (au.voxalot.com) and I wanted to setup a dial plan for it so I don't have to keep pressing *010 or *061

So I set a pattern match for : _XXXXXX
Replacement : *061${EXTEN}
Provider : Voxalot

The results are below when I dial 6 digits when playing around with "Test Dial" :
When I dial 282803, the string that gets sent is sip:*061282803@voxalot.com (Which routes to US, I can hear the delay)
When I dial *061282803, the string that gets sent is sip:*282803@au.voxalot.com. (Australia, little delay)
Even is I dial *010282803, the string that gets sent is sip:*282803@au.voxalot.com. (Australia, little delay)

The dial plan seems to bypass it's ability to detect the closest geographical location.

I can definitely hear the delay in the call that's routed to US instead of Australia.

Can someone help to see whether there's something I can tune in the dial plan? Or Martin, is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks.
klap282799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

I am no expert on this, but from my understanding:

If you call me, even though you may want to force a call to MyNumber@au.voxalot.com, because I am using the VoXalot US cluster, the call will be placed to MyNumber@us.voxalot.com (so from my understanding the cluster used, depends on the cluster in which the person you are calling is registered)....

Martin can probably step in with a more correct explanation....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
I am no expert on this, but from my understanding:

If you call me, even though you may want to force a call to MyNumber@au.voxalot.com, because I am using the VoXalot US cluster, the call will be placed to MyNumber@us.voxalot.com (so from my understanding the cluster used, depends on the cluster in which the person you are calling is registered)....

Martin can probably step in with a more correct explanation....
Correct, however as long as both parties are handling NAT and Voxalot is not proxying the RTP the voice will be P2P.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote