Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 07-06-2007, 02:37 AM   #51
vk4akp

vk4akp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vk4akp Send a message via AIM to vk4akp Send a message via MSN to vk4akp Send a message via Yahoo to vk4akp Send a message via Skype™ to vk4akp
Default How about Pay Per Feature?

How about ~Pay Per Feature~ ?

I require 4 accounts, with minimal requirements for each.

1st account I need registration for my incomming DID calls. But no forwarding or any other charged for features.

2nd account if I understand things correctly should be happy as VoXBasic.

3rd account is a number that is permidently forwarded to conference line. So needs no other features.

4th account will be for the mobile. (Not sure onf features needed yet).

How about if it was setup so you pay $2.50 per feature?

I don't know how much programming is involved. But.

Maybe you could have a working ballance paid in by PayPal for example.

And as you need to add features you are simply warned by the VoXaLot web page that the service you are about to activate is a paid service and will debit your working balance by X dollars?

THis way if the payment system is broken down more a person can have an number of accounts and spread their requirements across the system as needed.

THe big strength of VoXaLot as I have found is flexability. The whole service is offering flexability allowing people to be very imaginative in how they apply their VoIP needs.

Unfortunatly part of this flexability comes about by using multiple accounts.

The new billing system tends to lock you into trying to squeese what you want to acheive into one account. This sometimes just isn't possible.

Homes and people are very spread out in their communications needs these days.

Often the one family might have a main family number, a number for the kids, possibly a fax number, at least a couple of mobile phones and sometimes like in my case a dedicated conference line etc.

It's easy to burn up 5 accounts. But it's not easy to justify paying a big chunk for each that might only be using minimal services spread across the lot.

Anyhow thats my experience as a user, and how the new changes to the service have effected me personally.

Hope it is helpful.
.-.-.
Unread 07-06-2007, 03:13 AM   #52
Juste

Juste is on a distinguished road
Default What about VoxRoam feature ?

Hi Martin,

Do you already know what package this feature will be part of when it is available ?
That may help people decide which one they should go with since so many users seem to be waiting for callthru.

Thanks
Unread 07-06-2007, 04:24 AM   #53
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

VoxRoam is a separate product. We chose to not bundle it with premium to make it available to all members .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juste View Post
Hi Martin,

Do you already know what package this feature will be part of when it is available ?
That may help people decide which one they should go with since so many users seem to be waiting for callthru.

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
Unread 07-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #54
ygeffens

ygeffens is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambrinus View Post
What about a traffic plan instead of fixed numbers of registrations? I bet that some users with 15+ SIP registrations (like me) can cause much less traffic than heavy users with 2 SIP registrations (like my mum ).
gambrinus
I totally agree.
PBXes does that. 10gb/month (5000 minutes) is premium, everything is 'virtually' unlimited. They charge 10 euro/month for that.

Consider this:
1000 minutes - 3 euro
2500 minutes - 6 euro
5000 minutes - 10 euro

That way you can compete with PBXes (same price for 5000 minutes), and also attrack 'light'-users.

Just my 2 cents
Unread 07-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #55
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road

Hi Martin

I like the service and the price is abit higher then i expected, there has been many people saying stuff about the price. I get people are use to get things for free, i will pay for the service because its the best i have come over. Its sad that there are now problems with sipgate to register with voxalot.

I thought there should be 1 provider registered on the basic free pacage, and if people wanted to register more provider they should be charged 8$ pr provider on this package.

I would guess with this way voxalot will get better profit, first of all we have used the service for a while now, but there will always be new customer that would never get the change to se the full version of voxalot. By giving them one provider they can register and test it out, and with a deal for another 8$ they get one more provider.

Martin you guys have the statestics of how many provider people really do have, i guess the avarage is about 3. So if people buy this product you will get 16 dollars, and i guess there will be less people saying the price is hight. In this pacage you can cut off the callforwarding and webcall feature and stuff.

For people like me then the Voxalot premium pacage comes in where i would not mind paying the 25$ for my account, but for the rest of my family i needed two sip providers registered only and to pay 25$ for each account if two mutch man.

Will Voxlite also have call forwarding available ?
Unread 07-07-2007, 12:26 AM   #56
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the feedback. It is important to note that all of the proposed plans including the FREE service, allow dial plans *unlimited* outbound providers.

For most providers, registration is not required for outbound calling so the FREE service will continue to provide members with outbound dialling capabilities, voicemail, ENUM, Virtual Toll Free (VoxCallMe), SIP Broker and least cost routing functionality.

VoxLite ($15 USD per year) will allow members access to all other features (web callback and call forwarding) as well as one inbound (registered) provider.

Thanks.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
Unread 07-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #57
yfm

yfm is on a distinguished road

Kris404:
Quote:
& dial plans could be implemented in Linksys ATAs to a certain extent by way of configuring gateways(1-10),
Which Linksys that has 10 gateways to configure?

Last edited by yfm; 07-07-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Unread 07-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #58
yfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
Did you know that a single account can be used to ring multiple devices with the first one to answer taking the call?
How this can be done? Can you explain it to me please?
Unread 07-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #59

130166 is on a distinguished road

If AFFINITY means what I think, you need to do not much.
Only register al your devices to your voxalot account. If somebody call you all the devices will ring.
(I can not try because only one device at home.)

Last edited by 130166; 07-07-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 07-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #60
yfm

John:
You are right. I tested it using an ATA and a softphone and both rang at the same time. This is a very cool feature. I did not know that it is there.
Closed Thread