Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > ENUM.164 > e164.org Support

e164.org Support Support forum for the e164.org ENUM directory

Unread 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road
Default Free calls check - enum ?

Hi, i have never figured out how enum works.

Just wondering if this is possible, A friend of mine is connected to a voip company that allows sip calls (sip.telio.no), works fine with sipbroker also. In my voxalot account i have a dial plan that makes all calls to norway through voipbuster. I can manuelly put his number as a equal in dial plan and it would then dial fine to him without using my voipbuster free minutes. Is there a way that when i dial a number it first check if this call could go for free to telio instead of going through voipbuster ?

If yes, how ?
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezad View Post
Hi, i have never figured out how enum works.

Just wondering if this is possible, A friend of mine is connected to a voip company that allows sip calls (sip.telio.no), works fine with sipbroker also. In my voxalot account i have a dial plan that makes all calls to norway through voipbuster. I can manuelly put his number as a equal in dial plan and it would then dial fine to him without using my voipbuster free minutes. Is there a way that when i dial a number it first check if this call could go for free to telio instead of going through voipbuster ?

If yes, how ?
About ENum:

Person Receiving Calls: Country Code-Number linked to SIP URI
Registers their number, and tells ENum, that whenever someone calls that number to instead send the call to a SIP URI.
(A downside, is that if the number you register is a CellPhone or Landline, it'll ring the SIP URI, so unless the SIP URI forwards to Cell or Landline, only the ATA will ring if routed via ENum)

Person Making Calls: Enable ENum lookup
Depending on the provider you are using this may or may not be possible...

In the case of VoXalot:
-VoXalot can automatically check if a number can be called for free via ENum, before using a normal provider to place the call.
-You need to enable ENum lookup in Smart Call/Dial Plan rule
-You need to adjust the number format so that ENum receives Country Code-Number for lookup

Eg. A BetaMax provider

Dial Plan: _xx.
Replacement: ${EXTEN}

I know that all BetaMax providers need me to dial 00-Country Code-Number, but I need to send to ENum only Country Code-Number

So Replacement for ENum lookup: ${EXTEN:2}

Alternatively: No changes in Dial Plans etc...
When you want to try calling a number via ENum, simply dial as if you were calling any SIPBroker number:
*013-Country Code-Number (of course this is not an automatic lookup like the case above, but if you know which numbers have an ENum record beforehand you can do this and avoid configuring your Dial plans)

How do I know if a number can be reached via ENum: If there is an ENum record in any of the servers, it can probably be reached. Check SIPBroker - ENUM Lookup

Hope that sort of helps you understand it a bit, it's a bit of "crash course to ENum" but....

Last edited by emoci; 11-20-2007 at 12:50 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote