Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
DubInOz

DubInOz is on a distinguished road
Default Overseas VOIP Provider Registration

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before but would appreciate any help or being sent in the right direction.

I am based in Sydney and signed up to Bigpond Cable Broadband Extreme (17mb/256kb) with a Billion 6404VGP (with QoS turned on) sitting behind this.

For VOIP, I use blueface.ie (sip.blueface.ie) based in Ireland as I have a DID for Ireland issued by them that I use to receive incoming calls. I also use Engin in Australia and have an Australian DID from them. I use blueface far more than Engin

I want to set up my account with voxalot so that when either number is called, it comes through on the one line. I know how to do this but my question is which is the best voxalot server cluster to use ? I have encountered some quality issues with blueface which I believe is down to the fact that it takes approx 300-500ms for a response from their server. If I use the au.voxalot.com server then I suspect that I will get to this quite quickly (ping test last night of approx 30ms) but then the issue is the time lag from au.voxalot.com to sip.blueface.ie. If I use the eu.voxalot.com then this takes longer to connect to. What is the best way to set myself up ?

I have seen from the sipbroker site that blueface.ie is peered to sipbroker. What does this mean and is this any advantage to me ?

Thanks for your help,

Cormac
DubInOz is offline   Reply With Quote