View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #25
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

The thing with betamax is that the FUP constantly changes and is not clearly defined. I know that on some of the newest offerings such as voipraider free calls do not apply when using SIP; only when calls are made from the softphone application(and than only if you enter the name and number in the phone book before you call.) On some of the other betamax services free calls to certain destinations such as turkey can only be made from softphone or via callback and not from SIP. I can only think that their past records show that SIP users are heavy users and therefore not profitable; or that they mix and match services in such a way that they only use free minutes.

I have been surprised that betamax services have worked this long with call forwarding. It is pretty standard industry policy that free(or unlimited) calling plans can not be used for call forwarding or an sort of automated purpose. It could be that betamax has identified the IP's of DID providers are excluding those IP's for use within the FUP. Well this is all just speculation. Hopefully this will get cleared up.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote