View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hust View Post
1.Whether your ATA is behind cone NAT type or symmetric NAT type,if i you set "Symmetric NAT Handling" field to "yes" ,Voxalot will act as OUTBOUND proxy server even that you have disabled stun server and kept outbound proxy blank in your ATA.

2.if i you set "Symmetric NAT Handling" field to "no" , only when your ATA has a public IP address or your ATA is behind cone NAT , can you have chance to optimize your voice route. If your ATA is behind symmetric NAT,you have not any way to optimize your voice route ,even that you can not make any call via Voxalot.

Are these correct?

Thanks.
1. Yes, however even with "Symmetric NAT Handling" field to "yes" Voxalot will attempt to optimize the voice route however if it can not, it will fall back to proxying the voice.

2. Yes and No. Setting "Symmetric NAT Handling" field to "no" disables the logic I outlined above. Once disabled, the only way you will get 2-way voice is if external IP addresses are passed to Voxalot by the client either directly or indirectly by using something like STUN on the client.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote