Thread: Cool VoIP Stuff
View Single Post
Unread 06-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
yfm

yfm is on a distinguished road

Hust:
The mouse/phone is very cute. I like it. The only draw back is it will always remain dependant to your computer. I like my ATAs to be totally independent from my computer. Why they call it Skype mouse. Is it locked only to Skype? In reading the datasheet it says it "Seamlessly integrated with Skype, VoipButser, VoipStunt, VoIPCheap, VoipDiscount, SparVoip,
Internetcalls, poivY, WebCallDirect, VoipCheapCom, FreeCall and NetAppel. Does this mean it is restricted to these VSPs only?

My dream VoIP toy will be coming from Siemens. I only read an article about it. I did not see the actual device yet. It is all-in-one device that consist of ADSL wirless router with 4 RJ 45 additional LAN connection, SIP ATA and 5.8GHz PSTN analog telephone with extension capabilities. They are all integrated in one device for your home. I guess the 5.8 GHz telephone set will be capable of having video conferencing. All these features are not new to the industry. The new is building them all in one device for home use. I draw back of the all-in-one set is it will take away the fun of building such system from individual devices.

My second VoIP toy is to have my coming cellular telephone has SIP capability. I was thinking of a handled computer/telephone as my next purchase. Seeing all the hotspot all around the world makes it very tempting to have a SIP enabled cellular telephone espically for long waiting period at airports. I also read that if you turn on your WIFI at any place you will surprised of the number of networks you can log in. So regardless the hotspots, you will end up connected one way or another.

I guess the Nokia has it already in some of their telephones. The model I know is the E61. Any idea what other models or brand names?
yfm is offline   Reply With Quote