View Single Post
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptruman View Post
Yes indeed - I (so far) only need 1 VSP.

Technically, ANYTHING ringing on the ATA will get fwd'd after the delay - however, because my ATA is registered with Voxalot, if it fwd's to itself, so, to not keep them waiting, I lower the VM delay, so they only get 20secs + 5 secs VM delay - then drop to VM.

This is fine for PSTN or VSP calls, but if someone rang me from Voxalot, then I only get 5 secs to answer the call.

I'd almost arrived at this conclusion also - but have another following two questions :

1) I agree I can fwd all calls to a secondary Vox basic account - but if my ATA is regged to my premium one, and I dial *500 - it's going to connect to my premium VM account.

Could I solve this by setting up the 2nd VoxBasic account as a "provider", and directing *500 to "it"?

2) My MWI setting on my ATA is set to use my premium account (which is also the one the ATA registers to)

If I change VM to another account, but leave my ATA subbed to the premium one, will I lose my MWI functionality?

Agh, I'm going to have to diagram this for myself, it's getting amusing...
Yeah, unfortunatelly if you do this you'll lose your MWI setting...

As for the *500, try using *010*500 which should then ask you for VoXalot number and password....better yet create a Speed Dial that'll call *010*500 via SipBroker (not sure if this will get around limited access only to one acct., will test when I get back today)

One thing though, isn't there a PSTN to VoIP Bridge function that doesn't require you to use forwarding on the SPA at all

What I mean is have it so PSTN always rings the VoIP line, which should ring your ATA...then goes to VM as any other call to VoXalot would

Edit:
I was re-reading your first post, your call form self to self idea is not bad...

Set up two Call Forwarding rules

1. Selecting on CID _123456 (where 123456 is your VoXalot number) and it sends all these calls to VM automatically
2. Create a second rule for Any Calls to 'Ring Your Account' so that you ensure all other calls ring VoXalot then get sent to VM after xx seconds

Then set up your VM delay in voxalot to 25-30, and test a PSTN call....if all works well when calling PSTN number it'll ring for 20 sec and then go to VM directly. For calls coming in over VoXalot they'll ring for however long your VM delay is then go to Vm as usual

Last edited by emoci; 03-27-2008 at 05:30 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote