View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #16
dimitrivisser

dimitrivisser is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser

Quote:
Unfortunately in the case of provider / DID inbounds the only IP address that makes sense to pass on is the one in the CONTACT URI.
I think it makes no sense to pass that IP. It's just an IP, maybe it's the only IP available at that moment but that doesn't mean you have to use it and that there is a reason to use it.

I understand Betamax has a FUP but using the ip of the DID provider can be seen as abuse also. It doesn't support the good operation of their FUP. When using multiple DID providers or using a dynamic IP with webcallback it's easy to avoid the FUP-effect.

I think it really makes more sense to let users specify an ipaddress in the setup of Voxalot and permit them to change it for only 1 time a month. I think that thats also an acceptable solution for Betamax. Ofcourse only if you're willing to spend some time on it and to make a new agreement with Betamax.

For me callforwarding with voipcheap/voipbuster is very important. It's the only provider I know of which is reliable and cheap for the destinations I need.
dimitrivisser is offline   Reply With Quote