View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #7
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough
Default VoipDiscount only works on ONE leg of the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvesrj
Draco, I called my telephone for the SipBroker and heard the recording. What can be?
We have our answer, and Martin got there a little before I did (just follow the link Martin provided for details).

Many providers restrict VoIP accounts to only ONE call as at a time. However, when you try to use them for both sides of a "Web Call", you are trying to make TWO calls with the same provider (at the same time). With many VoIP providers (including it seems VoipDiscount) this is NOT allowed.

The "work around" is to make sure you use a different provider for the other leg of the call. So you will need to sign up with some other VoIP company to complete your calls (thereby allowing you to use VoipDiscount for one part of the call, and something else for the other part).

FYI:
Don't forget that you can still make any "free VoIP" calls as the "other leg" without having to pay another provider for the call. That's why the SIP Broker test worked (as the other leg of the call was a free VoIP call). And that's also why you could dial any ENUM enabled number, or anyone on a VoIP company reachable via SIP Broker (using the built-in "SIP Broker" provider).
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote