View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
Tslam

Tslam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJReplay
This is exactly what I do, and it works well.

If I call my PSTN, the SPA-3000 rings Line 1 as a PSTN Ring Thru. After 12 seconds, Line 1 forwards the call to my voxalot account, and Voice Mail answers immediately.
Unfortunately I get the "loopback" problem with this setup. I attempted this with Astratel about six months ago, until they directed me to their vmail server.

My SPA configuration probably differs from yours because I'm using the PSTN gateway to forward the call to sip voicemail:

WITH PSTN Line...
PSTN-to-VoIP Gateway Enable = yes
Ring Thru = yes
Auth Method = none
Default DP = 2
Dial Plan 2 = (,P2 <:mysip@voxalot.com>|<mypin,:>[x*][x*].<:@gw3>)
END WITH.

The benefit of this config is that I can dial in remotely and use my SPA to VoIP out to mobile and international locations, or pause 2 secs then go to voicemail. Trouble is, the "warm line" to mysip@voxalot.com tries to ring back to my ATA, which gets confused and starts ringing all over again.

Any thoughts? I reckon that I need the address of the vmail server, not the sipserver.

EDIT: To troubleshoot this problem, I tried disabling my PSTN Gateway, and checking the Cfwd No Ans Dest. Now my phone rings six times, goes silent briefly, rings twice more, then answers "sorry the number you have called could not be connected, please try again".

Did you mean literally "$USER" as the Dest? And literally "$USER@voxalot.com" as the designated vmail server on Line 1? That's what I've got.

I figured that, if I can get the No Ans Dest working, I can have another go at the PSTN gateway method... which I still think needs the vmailserver IP address.

Last edited by Tslam; 06-12-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Tslam is offline   Reply With Quote