View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

One thing I've done is add Gizmo Project as a provider to my account using one of the accounts I've made with them, then set up them to be my provider for 1-800 toll-free calls. I found they worked well, had nearly no toll-free numbers they couldn't reach, and the DTMF advice I offered in my previous post works with their numbers. Just the other day, using my Sipura, I was able to enter a long sequence for my Sears Credit card number, and then had to confirm my birthdate numerically by DTMF and it worked the first try--all using Gizmo Project as the toll-free provider. Somewhat before that I was able to log into my bank's telephone banking system by entering my long card number and telephone PIN on the first try. My settings are presently at Auto and "yes" and "yes" for the processes.

Back when I did it, I had to 'corrupt' the ENUM replacement value since it was not able to be turned off and despite setting up Gizmo Project in my dial plan for toll free it would still get routed to voipmich anyway (i.e. so my ENUM replacement for 800/888 etc. calls became "0123${EXTEN}"), though nowadays I think the check mark to turn it off actually does work.

I should supplement my advice above however, since I realized I made additional changes from your config than just being at Auto with two yesses. Under the "Regional" tab, under the Miscellaneous category, I have the following changes made after receiving advice at some forum after having initial problems with DTMF:

DTMF Playback Level: -1
DTMF Playback Length: .5
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote