View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
psehorne

psehorne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
1. Under Smart Call/Dial Plan when logged into VoXalot there is a test field, type *500 and see what it says regarding how it'll route this call
Result of this test = "A call to:*500 will get forwarded to 500 via Voxalot"

Quote:
(if you happen to have any dial plans that utilize *, that could be the issue.....
The only Dial Plan that I have that begins with an asterisk is _*18. (including the period). I don't think this should interfere with *500, but I've deactivated it anyway and still have the problem. However, I do have a fall through Dial Plan number 999 (if no other Dial Plan applies) which is _xxxx. (including the period). Could this be the problem? Does the result of the test above (500 with no asterisk) cause this to fall through to _xxxx. ?

Quote:
2. Save your current ATA dialplan on a text file so you can restore it if need be, and set your dial plan in the ATA to just [*x][*x]. (this is Linksys specific, so depending on your ATA it may need to be tweaked)
I'm using a Grandstream HT386. There are no dial plans (I wish there were). The PSTN access code is *00, but I don't think this would cause the problem.

Quote:
Question: Was this working before, or is it the first time you try it?
This is first time I've tried it.

Quote:
This is likely a Dial Plan issue, either with the Dial Plan in your ATA....or one of the Dial Rules in VoXalot maybe interfering...
Like you, I believe the call is getting to Voxalot, but I don't know how to tell what is getting to Voxalot or how Voxalot is handling it (except for the test above).

Paul
psehorne is offline   Reply With Quote