Thread: Voxalot + PBXes
View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #9
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
I by no means support their decision to limit it to 1500 min. My excitement was all about ability to have reliable account with them while not paying ridiculous $15/mo. Free account, with all the problems was no good for anything but occasional experimenting or callthrough use. Have you read all those reports on locked free accounts?
I wouldn't dare to recommend free accounts to my family or pals as a primary VoIP aggregator. We here can easily find a workaround by switching to Voxalot or mysipswitch, but those non-techie people wouldn't.
just my personal thought. is PBXes in any form really appropriate at all for a non-techie person? i guess it really depends what you are trying to achieve. but i would likely recommend using consumer oriented telephony services like rebtel, mobivox, or any of thousands of others. as far as user support via a forum you really are not going to find it any better than what you get from voxalot, voipuser or mysipswitch. and that is at all price points. there really is no correlation between price and service; that is a huge myth. there is good and bad support and there is free and paid but not a connection between the two necessarily.

spg
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote