View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tproenca View Post
I want to do outgoing calls. By now, the number that people see (caller id) is a random one from voipraider provider. As I have a number from washigton state from IPKALL, I want people to see this number (1360xxxxxx).
OK, I understand now. You are using voipraider as an outbound provider with VoXaLot, and you are trying to figure out how to override the callerid info with voipraider, so that your IPKall number is shown to the remote site when you make an outbound call via VoXaLot (and voipraider).

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to do it, as the details of overriding callerID (when it's even possible, and many providers don't give you that option) vary with the provider. And I don't know how voipraider allows you to do this (so I have no way to tell you how to setup VoXaLot to do this, if it is even possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tproenca View Post
In my windows voipraider application it is working fine. However, using voxalot it doesn't work.
Since the windows voipraider application allows you to set callerID, than voipraider must provide some way to set the callerID.

However, setting callerID (when it is allowed by a provider at all) is not standardized across providers. And without knowing what generic BYOD settings (if any) that voipraider is using to set callerID, we have no way to tell if VoXaLot has an equivalent setting you can change, or if you are just out of luck.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote