View Single Post
Unread 10-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130166 View Post
The device registrations shows only one?
My Targa phone at home is shown. Now I start a x-lite softphone, and it shows only x-lite. If I finish softphone the Targa is shown again.
Hmm... this is a tricky one to explain. We have multiple proxies scattered around the world (EU, AU, US), but still need to allow users that are registered against one proxy (eg. the US server) to be able to call a user that is registered against another proxy (eg. the AU server) by using a common voxalot.com SIP uri.

To do this, we use a technique called 'registration replication' - which forwards REGISTER requests from 'slave' proxies up to a central 'master'... one of the side-effects of this technique, though, is that the master (which is where we source the device registration list from) only contains the details for the last registered device for each user. It works at runtime, though, because the master flicks INVITE requests down to each individual slave for handling.

We have a few ideas about how to fix it, but they are all fairly convoluted, so for now the device registrations is a little inaccurate. I meant to put a warning on the page, but became stuck trying to explain under what circumstances it doesn't display all devices (as you can see from the above explanation it is a bit complicated), and then just forgot to go back to it.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote