View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #11
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I had your desired setup working for a while here, with X-lite (eyebeam) registered on one computer and a Linksys ATA concurrently registered as well from a different IP on the internal router network but sharing the same external IP with the public Internet. Voxalot sorts it out by virtue of your router assigning different public ports to both devices, e.g. 60010 and 60201, despite both using 5060 internally on your LAN.

All you need to do is make sure both devices individually work fine for continuous two-way audio and incoming and outgoing calls, and then just set up both to register simultaneously.

I did suffer one bug though, and that was incoming calls would frequently (but not always) have a few seconds of initial silence when first answered by my Linksys ATA before two-way audio was established. I am not sure why that happened, I chalked it up to having two devices registered to the same SIP address from behind the same public IP. X-lite didn't have that problem, so it must have been a setting issue or a bug with the Linksys firmware. That was too big an issue for me, so I simply stopped using X-lite for incoming calls. I still have it on my PC though and it still works great though, I just prefer my ATA on the same network to be running 24/7 with no bugs. Voxalot via softphone is pretty powerful though.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote