View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I was just about to post on a very similar topic but thought it may be better to add my experiences here and ask for help too.

I currently have voxalot set up on my PAP2 ATA at home and it has been working fine. port 5060 is forwarded to the ip of the PAP2 as I have had problems with the phone not ringing in the past and going straight to answerphone.

Even though the above port is forwarded, I am able to register a softphone and a nokia e series to the same voxalot account (same US server). I can make a call from all phones and all ring on an incoming call from my DID directed to my voxalot sip address so I can confirm that this works. This works whether the phones are on the same external IP or not or mixed.

My issue is that I cannot dial between the phones reliably. Sometimes I can call *010XXXXXX and the other registered phones ring. Other times it goes straight to voicemail. If I call my DID it always works but I want to do it direct over the Internet.

What is the official way to call another registration on the same account. I know I can have different accounts and call between them (voxalot-voxalot) and copy dialplans between them but what about making an incoming call ring all phones?

Is what I am trying to do possible or does it need Voxalot to implement extensions like they have on pbxes.

I have been thinking about moving the other way, from voxalot to pbxes but the comments about support put me off and I believe there was a problem with the Betamax FUP.

Anyone know how to get it working reliably?

Last edited by chatalot; 03-24-2009 at 05:52 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote