View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
vikasintl

vikasintl is on a distinguished road
Question can u explain the same about voxalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis View Post
Yes, provided that the phone service you are using properly passes the tones to the PSTN number you are calling.

No signup/registration needed. By default, SIPphone users should be just as reachable via SIP Broker, as they are from other SIPphone users.

It might be your dialing sequence. After the voice prompt answers, you want to dial the sequence to reach Sipphone/Gizmo.

The proper dialing sequence for Sipphone/Gizmo is the SIP Broker provider code *747 followed by the full SIPphone/Gizmo dialing sequence (that one SIPphone user would use to call another). But what many people seem to forget/overlook, is that SIPphone itself requires 11-digit dialing sequences (for one SIPphone user to call another). So if (for example) you are trying to reach user 1-747-1234567 on SIPphone, you would have to use the SIP Broker dialing sequence of: *747 1 747 1234567

i.e. you can NOT use *747 and the 7-digit SIPphone number, as *747 just sends the call to SIPphone, and SIPphone requires 11-digits for the call. So you really do need a 15-digit (i.e. *747, followed by the 11-digit SIPphone dialing) sequence to reach SIPphone/Gizmo from SIP Broker (including the SIP Broker PSTN dial-in numbers).
I was trying my voxalot number through pstn numbers via calling through icall.com software and after voice prompt I was entering *010-my voxalot number" am I doing something wrong?
surprisingly when I enter enum number it rings my x-lite sofware but now when I enter *010-voxalot number...let me know if am doing someghing wrong or please explain after adding sip code which is *010 what should I enter ?
vikasintl is offline   Reply With Quote