View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
If I get a US DID and go through the process, then have calls from GC anwered on my Gizmo number via my Voxalot account, will I then be able to use any of the GC features? How will I know that the call has come from GC, is there an announcement at the start of the call when you answer it and then you press 1 or whatever to handle the call?

I am thinking that I can use an Aussie DID and have that forwarded to GC via Voxalot call forwarding on a test account.

Can GC answer a SIP URI forwarded call? And therefore not actually require a call to a US landline?
For SIP puposes, GC cannot receive calls VIA Sip, or said differently, it cannot answer a SIP Call (unfortunately, although people have been asking for this feature for a while).

It can call you via SIP if you have Gizmo.

You can choose the caller ID when you receive a call from GC, to show either the actual caller, or your GC number. When you pick up, you hear "Call From --Number of person calling--Press 1 to accept, 2 to send to voicemail, 3 to send to voicemail and listen in, or 4 to accept and record the call...."

So if you never answer the phone, GC's voicemail (which can be customized based on who is calling), rather than your phone's voicemail takes the call...

Best way to get used to it, is to try it....

But to summarize, for the time being is more directed towards serving PSTN than SIP, so to use through VoXalot forwarding you either need to pay a VSP for a US call, or find a provider that can be used via VoXalot, and let's you call US for free...

Hehe, I even tried registering my GC number for PhoneGnome, then I could call it for free via VoXalot, but it won't pass PhoneGnome's verification...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote