View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
I can't seem to find the fees and charges for GC...

Also, whilst I know it is only for the US at this time, but if you have a US DID, can you use the service?

It all sounds very interesting and lots of 'Have Fun' features.
Ok well:

They give you a US Number (that is free).
They ask you to verify using a US Number (Canadian number will do too). A DID number that has no issues with Passing ON DTMF will be fine. I thing the free DIDs from SipNumber/FreeDigits/TalkDigits should be fine.

Once into the account, you can add other ring to numbers (US/Canada only though). You can also add your Gizmo 1-747-xxx number as a ring to number (but cannot use this for verisfication purposes). Once youverify once, there is no other verification for each other number.

What happens:

Someone Calls GrandCentral----Your DID rings in your Device/Gizmo----When you pick up you have to press 1 to accept the call (there are a few other opions also)

In terms of fees, calls received in your DID number, calls received by someone using the Call Button are all free and unlimited for now.

When you are logged into it, you can also call back people that have called you, or call people on your phonebook by clicking, then your phone rings, then theirs etc... They give you $2.00 credit for the click to call feature, but they do mention that during the beta they will keep topping up that credit for free when it runs out....

To make long story short, it is completely free for the time being (PM me for an invite if you need one)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote