View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #14
davidnewton

davidnewton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
The betamax FUP has been discussed a while (actually years over years).

Here is my fix, I use a spa1001 (two sip service, line1/2 on one physical phoneline). and assign one of two lines as a dedicated line for betamax (in my case, spa1001 line2 runs betamax. line1 is with voxalot). I have been using bemamax this way six years.

It's a hardware solution, never heard any issues on this fix from any users.

Hence, I would recommend to use an ATA, running a dedicated line for betamax. The FUP issue will be completely gone.
That is not the case for me, as I listed my call record above. I use SPA3000's gw1 to make calls through voipraider, which should have 300min/7 days/per ip. I have static ip and there is nothing in between, but the FUP charges come for no reason. It looks like they have a very complicated scheme for the FUP, it depends on the country, one-day calls and one-day minutes etc, not just the claimed 300min/7 days/per ip. For example, some times, at the same day, my calls to China's landline were not charged, but the calls to China's mobile phone were charged. The problem is that it is impossible to figure out what criteria they charge FUP.
davidnewton is offline   Reply With Quote