View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
casch

casch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridonca View Post
Voxalot does not establish a 'sound-connection' because it uses SIP. And though SIP is an established standard, the SIP standard is still not very good at dealing with a flaky NAT router.

SIP needs a clear route from the internet to your ATA, and it is a very good bet that your router with it's current configuration/firmware is just not up to the job. This is why you are getting such flaky service. Voxalot can not do anything about a problem that is on your end.
Well, I have a FitzBox, made for Voip and it has a answering machine. To me this is my ata. The 'final' headset is connected via DECT to that FitzBox.

Quote:
Just for giggles, connect the ATA directly to your internet connection, bypassing the router. If the problems go away, you established you have a router problem.
Well I think that my Ata (the Fitzbox) is directly connected to voxalot, nothing in between - except my provider.

Quote:
A fix could be to update the firmware, preferably to a 3rd party firmware like DD-WRT, and forward some RTP ports to the ATA. It would be wise to update the ATA firmware also, is possible.
I just have installed most recent update last Sunday.
Greetings, Casch