View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2007, 04:33 AM   #72
snowleopard

snowleopard is on a distinguished road

Ok, after reading this thread I am extremely confused.
I hope that I can sum up my needs with Voxalot, and have someone quote me what it will cost under these pricing schemes (which continue to change?).

Basically, I need the following:
- Ability to register multiple (up to 6 at the moment, may increase) devices to the Voxalot server (I have a number of cordless IP Phones in the house, and they all register individually through the 11g wireless)
- Ability to make multiple outbound calls to at least one provider via Voxalot (so each handset can be on it's own call ... my main outbound provider [pennytel] supports this)
- Ability to register (at this point) to 5 incoming DID providers, and 1 SIP-URI-only provider
- Ability to use WebCallBack (invaluable tool when out of the house)
- Unlimited dial-plans (customising dial plan to forward to specific geographic numbers when non-geo numbers are dialled)
- Ability to accept inbound SIP-URI calls to xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com (or similar URI)

Things I do not use, nor require:
- VoxCallMe
- Voicemail

Things I would like, but I do not believe are available:
- Ability to forward to another SIP URI or phone number (via dial plan) when no registered devices found
- Fax-To-Email services
- Three provider lists. Sorted by: "Incoming Only (Registered)", "Outgoing (Registration required)" and "Outgoing (Registration not required)"
- Ability to change the order of providers in the provider lists, similar to dial-plans (not for priority, just for readability)

I am wondering if something like Asterisk would be more useful in my situation? I have not had any exposure to it, but it seems that it can do most of what I require. I am hoping not to have to learn a new program to get the same functionality as I do now.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.