View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb99 View Post
thanks for your reply ,, i really do appreciate it...
my aim is qiute simple,i want to install a gsm gateway the other side of the world, and i want to install a gsm gateway in my country here.. when gateway 1 recives an incoming call , i want gateway 2 to receive it via voxy and dial out a telephone number programmed in voxy using gateway 2 sim card..that way- no roaming.
if i had a did provider in the same location as gatewy1 - eg a did provider in south africa , when some one phones that did in s.a ,voxy would forward that incoming call via voip provider of my choice to a cell phone in england.
in my scenario// in england the "voip provider" in this case would be my gsm gateway installed in my house, and in south africa the" did provider " would be the gsm gateway installed there.
of course , the gsm gateways are not dids, since they each need a unique sip uri , - or so i belive, which a did provider would naturally .. provide.. as part of being a did .
my gsm gateway , doesnt have any sip uri- it needs one provided for it...
i think the more i write , the more i reveal my lack of knowledge- my only refernce point till now , has been the service provided by pbxes,
they provide a bunch of sip accounts and and do all the forwarding you set up,if you program one device - one extensiion with one of said sips u can then call another extension on one of the other sips they would provide - off hand i think they give out 5 sips per free account. ,, in this case my gsm gateways would be the extensions .
any advice , would be appreciated as always
jb99
So what can your GSM gateways do ... in terms of functions:
-Can they forward to a SIP URI? (I think you mentioned above they could)
-Can they register with a SIP Provider (or something more familiar to you, could you get them to register with an extension at PBXes).
-If yes to the second question above, can they dial out numbers using that SIP provider?

I second Kurun's suggestion...if you know the make and model of the GSM gateways we could dig up their specs...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote