View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #4
MarkLL

MarkLL is on a distinguished road

peters,
**problem 1**
Re-read my post from "Just to Explain:"
Voxalot will not respond to Call Forwarding when you set it up on your ATA. You must do it in Voxalot.

Quote:
i though it's a very straight forward setting, and i'm preparing to pay for the forward call to my mobile, but as mentioned, can't work.
Unless your VSP supports it or you have a gateway device or pbx it won't work.

With MyNetFone, Yes they support it and you will be chaged for the call.

Quote:
I did testing using my engin and gotalk account, setting them up on line 1, on user 1, i filled in Cfwd All Dest: 04xxxxxx (my mobile number), tested, it's all ok.
I could not get it to work with engin infact, I found that they return the 302 message to the original caller if it's from another Engin Account (ie voip call). If it's from a PSTN caller it will probably go to VM or become engaged.

In engin, as with most VSP's, you can set up forwarding using some sort of Web based control panel and it does work.

Look at it like this... With a Landline (pstn) when you set up call forwarding you dial a prefix and then the number and this is registered at the Exchange. What you are trying to do is set it up on your home device and not the exchange.

For pure Sip to Sip calls using an Open Sip server it does work. For commercial VSP's where there are cost implications, they want you to set it up at their Exchange ie using the Web control panel.

Last edited by MarkLL; 05-25-2007 at 08:46 AM.
MarkLL is offline   Reply With Quote