View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
Chrisips2

Chrisips2 is on a distinguished road

I can't offer too much technical advice - but I can offer a couple of observations which you might choose to put into the melting pot.

1) At my place of work, we used to use Demon from Thus. As I understand it, they have a presence in both London AND the Netherlands (or at least they used to). I would have thought they would be the ideal partner. Very reliable. They are not cheap but 'cheap' is often not a good thing! The fact that we don't use them any more doesn't mean we don't like them - we were forced to join a government network.

2) Also, I think (for me) it is really important that I know how my voice traffic is being routed (as far as possible). I would much rather enter eu.voxalot.com into my devices and know that my devices are communicating with servers nearby, rather than an occasional lottery. I have tried an alternative server but opted stop and to divert calls to my mobile telephone as the results did not sound professional. It's not an issue if I call other SIP devices but it is very definitely an issue (latency-wise) if I make a call to a traditional phone network.

All the best.

Chrisp
Chrisips2 is offline   Reply With Quote