View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisbein View Post
From the post of mstolle to the explanation of Martin, it takes 24 hours. This is a lot of time to give an answer! Besides, about 12 hours later the European server is still down and on the Voxalot Internet pages there is no mention to this very big problem.

There was a time in which Voxalot was the best VoIP provider. Maybe the destinies of this kind of companies are a sort of ascensions and falls, as it happened with Free World Dialup. Voxalot is still my main VoIP provider. Although maybe this is time to make some changes. Now there are a lot of small companies that are doing very well their job!
I'm not knowing where you live, but Voxalot customer support is better than the customer support you can get in Portugal (and also, in Brazil, despite in some aspects this is better than you can get in Portugal!), with the «Big Ones» (Portugal Telecom, Sonae Telecom, Brasil Telecom, and so on). With Voxalot I really appreciate the fact that you can get technical specification and knowing that the platform is technically opened. Usually, in Brazil, and much much worse in Portugal, you get a service where you pay (a lot) and you can not do with it some advanced use. I may say that, from my personal experience, customer support knows much less than you (with me this is the case) and no one gives you a solution to your problem if you try to make an advanced use of the service. Normally, these providers don't obey to standards and it is not unusual to block any kind of use outside from a very restricted options. For example, you can't get a portuguese DID for personal use. Theoretical, you can, but... No providers offers it to you (paying!), unless you use their expensive and closed network. This is the case of «Portugal Telecom», for example. So, you can't use this providers with some kind of PBX as Voxalot. I may be wrong but I don't think Voxalot is guilty for the problems with the Leaseweb providers. I've seen some complaints about Leaseweb on the net. You can google it.
Regards,

Last edited by carlosalbffgomes; 02-16-2009 at 11:11 PM.
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote