View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

As a safe answer, whatever configuration that is working is the configuration to go with. If you have a working config on both the Voxalot side, and the settings within the Vitelity account portal, that allow both inbound and outbound calls to work without any problems, then keep it, it is good. All those settings for NAT and such that it asks when you run the Vitelity wizard, I am not sure the answers to when it comes to Voxalot. I went through it myself without knowing.

I know that for outbound calling only (i.e. when you don't have any DID with Vitelity) using either sip1.vitelity.net or outbound1.vitelity (does anyone else get something besides 1's in their settings page within Vitelity?) works just fine--both proxies work equally well via Voxalot.

Inbound calls, and getting Voxalot to register with Vitelity, is apparently more tricky. Some people have reported problems when they choose the 'wrong' configuration. If yours is working, keep it. Doing so won't introduce any lag or anything to the picture.

Do you mind sharing your settings in more detail with me so I can modify my Voxalot tutorial page to most accurately describe a known working configuration for outbound & inbound within the Voxalot provider page?

WRT Les.net, the re-invite option as far as my understanding goes should be enabled for ordinary end-users using Les. Setting it to disabled is meant for resellers who need it disabled in order to bill you for the full call.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote