View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
tdogg

tdogg is on a distinguished road

hello! i am that person who was asking about this originally over at whirlpool. thanks for trying to help! i only just found this thread now.

and yes the time has come where i am now an internode customer and trying to get my nodephone to accept incoming calls via voxalot so i can ditch my telstra landline for good.

can't get it working yet. it's all a bit over my head, i don't know where to start for troubleshooting.

i'm using an NB9W - registered with voxalot - and have successfully listed nodephone in my voxalot VSP's.

outgoing calls work fine, registered or not. i have upgraded my voxalot plan, and have successfully registered nodephone with voxalot.

but calling the nodephone DID doesn't make my ata/router ring. i get an engaged tone.

would appreciate any help with this.

-trev.

edit - found this in another thread, is it relevant?

"The problem with registering with Internode is that they do not allow SIP calls to be re-directed to your ATA (via your Internode SIP xxx@internode...) when you are "registered" with them. (no green tick on the Whitepages)

so that's why I suggested setting up a Default Forward (Set Active) and pointing it to your address (Dns or IP does not matter) using your Internode Number. For your ATA to ring, the "Phone Number" must match. This is why I suggested using your Internode number in your Forward address."

edit 2 – update on the situation:

i started playing with the "Call connection / call forwarding" feature at voxalot. to test it i set all incoming calls to be sent to my current telstra pstn (this pstn also goes into the same ATA – my NB9W)

i then rang my nodephone number from my mobile. my ATA rang. so nodephone registration is working perfectly with voxalot.

so it seems my issue is to get my ATA (NB9W) to correctly receive incoming calls from voxalot, nothing to do with nodephone itself.

thanks for everyone's help so far, and if you can continue to help, i'd be very grateful!

Last edited by tdogg; 05-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.
tdogg is offline   Reply With Quote