View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
PriToX

PriToX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Question: When you say you could not reach a server...do you mean you could not perform a registration to it ... or you could not reach it as in you could not call from SipBroker?
I meant i could not register with it. I could apparently reach it, as my client tryed to register, but got status: "failed to register".

Quote:
-Incoming SIP URI calls to your acct. should preferrably be sent to: user@xx.voxalot.com (this form of forwarding should work most of the time... xx must match the cluster you've set in your acct. and to which your device/softphone is registered).
This, well, while it does make sense, it doesnt make sense As it currently is, i am not sure as it seems, whether or not i will be connecting to us or eu cluster.. As i mentioned, my cluster settings have always been set to eu, and i always connected to eu.voxalot.com.. Altough, i belive it was 2-3 days ago, i got this "failed to register" error trying to connect to eu cluster, so i simply changed my clients settings to us instead, and all was well.

What happens if i am connected to us cluster, and my settings at voxalot account is eu, and i forward calls to eu cluster, will they still reach me? Or, should i rather forward to voxalot.com and let the "routing mechanism" do the work?

Quote:
-Calls to user@voxalot.com should also work (one catch is that if the calling-party service does not do an DNS SRV lookup reliably you may come accross issues here ... even if it is not a failover situation).
This, has worked for me. Infact, that is how i always have called myself, and is also how i enter my number in forwarding settings.

Quote:
-As far as SipBroker goes... *010 should work reliably (and has more or less been tested) to reach most of the user accounts, regardless of their cluster. Theoretically the other two *xxx codes for eu and au should also be interchangeable...however there hasn't been too much testing from the user community in that front.
This, did not work so well for me.. *031 (eu) did work for me, when *010 did not.

Quote:
Issues with incoming calls can also be possible NAT issues... here's a few quick crash-test things to try:
*here be suggestions*

I will try to forward some ports through my NAT and see what happens.. upnp is at the moment a nogo for me, i did try to enable it last night and quite frankly, it "broke" my router.. *ehum* I have since, reflashed it and i will not attempt to enable upnp again untill i have heard from dovado.com support..

Quote:
-If Nat Symmetric Hanlding is set to NO and Optimize audio to YES (these are both settings in your VoXalot account), try setting Nat Symmetric Handling to YES and Optimize audio to NO
My settings are set as suggested, never had any reason to change them..

I will try to use the codec string what you provided and see if well, something happens By ATA, I reckon you mean one of thoose uhm telephone -> SIP devices..
(Err, This i can not seem to do.. I can only change codec settings for my external providers for outgoing calls.. Not for voxalot itself (for incomming) or did i not see where to do that?)

I do not own a telephone, nor any ATA devices

If anything, i do know that _i_ might have some DNS SRV lookup issus from my side, but that shouldnt affect forwarding calls from <voip provider> right?

I will do some further testing, try some of the things you mentioned and i will get back with the results.

Thanks all for lending a hand. Appreciated.

Last edited by PriToX; 10-27-2010 at 03:39 AM. Reason: .
PriToX is offline   Reply With Quote