View Single Post
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #75
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh_reda View Post
So, that means I need to requist the call routing via VoIP from my land line company which must have the service to sell in first place.
But is there any other way to use ENUM without needing my land line I mean even if I call from my VoIP No. XXXXX@voxalot.com to the land line or the mobile (cell phone),
Like what happend in the verification call which don by the e164.com site when i registred the mobile no. i need to call from my VoIP no.?
Ordinary calls from ordinary land lines will not use your ENUM at all. If the phone company itself is taking advantage of ENUM setups, that is outside the control of the calling party.

The main advantage of using ENUM is that people whom already have VoIP systems, can call numbers normally with the possibility that their configuration [behind the scenes], may call directly via VoIP (automagically) or route via a paid VoIP termination (free if termination is a "free" endpoint by the VoIP service provider themselves -- might depend on your plan with them).
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote