View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road
Default iphone + fring + voxalot (+ betamax)

Hallo!

This evening I installed the Pre-Release version of fring for iphone v.0.9785.
The short tests that I try are all working well - but I need some time to test all features.

Please go to fring – Make free mobile calls, IM with Skype, MSN Messenger, ICQ, Google Talk™, SIP & Twitter, AIM® & Yahoo!™ for more information about this *pre* release.

fring on iphone is working only if you are connected to internet ower wlan. I have disabled the "wlan" connections and try to call via fring+edge/gprs - the error message was: "Voice calls on edge are not supported".

My Ipone firmware version is: 1.1.3 (4A93). Betamax clone that I use is Voipcheap.com.

The Installer source for Iphone is at http://fring.com/iphone.xml.
After Installation using Iphone "Installer" I started the fring application. On first start you must register to fring giving user-id, nikname and password. No email address is needed.
Then I configured the SIP connection:
Userid -> my voxalot member id
Password ->my voxalotpassword
Proxy -> I am using eu.voxalot.com

The calls from iphone-fring to landline and mobile phone are working O.K. My registred number is perfectly visible to!

The calls from landline phone and mobile phone to iphone-fring are all working O.K. to.

The SIP connection only is important for me so I do not tests Skype, MSNM, ICQ, etc. connections.

Wery well done fring!

What I don't like is:
1) Voice call using edge/gprs are not possible
2) No possibility to send SMS (receiving SMS is for me not so important)
EDIT by fla 29.Mai.2008:
3) You can not use Iphone contacts!
4) After you call some number and you are connected the keypad disappears - you can not enter your voicemail password (for example)
5) echo test: latency about 1 second

Regards,
Fla

Last edited by flaquadrat; 05-29-2008 at 06:32 AM.
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote