View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #9
twen

twen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
To all Voxalot Members:

SIP Broker now supports terminations to toll-free numbers in North America. All users of Voxalot and SIP Broker can now dial these toll free numbers by using the SIP Broker dialling convention:
Hello,

As this news is great for north america, do you plan to add other countries ? If so, I already see some issue in the dialing, even if the pattern is really simple to use (just add the * in front of the toll free number)

Considering 1800 is for toll free number in the USA, in germany you have (0)180, and french (0)800 and (0)805... Following your, we could have *0800 fo french numbers and *0180 for germans !

Is your plan an exception against all other countries ? You did this plan considering the simplicity of the dialing for all world wide toll free number, I wonder how do you think you can make difference between 2 toll free number beginning with the same 3 or 4 digits, but originating from different countries ? I understand you began with the USA, I'm just curious of the future developpment of this, as this is really a neat feature
twen is offline   Reply With Quote