View Single Post
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:25 AM   #27
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipitydawg View Post
Any news please Craig?
Ahh, my apologies... I never got back to you regarding my progress. As you may already have noticed, mobile.voxalot.com should be back to working without having to do any weird workarounds. Please let me know if you have any problems with accessing the site through mobile.voxalot.com

Regarding the fix for the Windows Mobile deficiencies... this is definitely something that we want to fix, but we have to balance making those changes against doing a full re-test for all browsers across all platforms.

When we moved to the site's new look and feel, we consciously chose a standards-based approach towards the user controls, and to support the older Windows Mobile devices will mean we have to regress those controls (and the look and feel that we spent the last few months creating). We are trying to devise a way that we can render a different control for mobile devices without a) having to rewrite the whole site, b) having to retest the whole site, and c) taking 6 months to do it.

I have a few ideas, but most of them involves doing global changes across all pages - which is a high-risk approach to handling this problem. I understand this is frustrating for you (it is for me also), but I appreciate your patience and support while we try to find the best solution.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote