View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 667366 View Post
I realize and understand that many people might not want to use Skype for obvious and also apparente reasons, however, I do need the settings because even though I mightnot use Skype on my PC frequently, I do have a plan with Skype for unlimited calls to the US and Canada for the rest of this year, and so I want to be able to use that with my Voxalot account. Thank you for your help.
Apart from the previous replies, that it isn't possible to use Skype with any SIP-based systems, make sure you understand that unlimited plan.

It is for calls within the US and Canada. Your choice of wording, to, makes me wonder if you are calling there from elsewhere, and if so you will be disappointed as such calls are not included and will be charged if you are outside the US and Canada.

There are several complaints in the Skype forums from people who have fallen for this semantic ambiguity, eg a US serviceman calling home from Iraq; you'd have thought the services would have set up pseudo-US IP addresses there anyway.

If you are abroad, and depending how many calls you make, you might be interested in the Betamax companies, perhaps VoipbusterPro if you make two or three long calls home per week

Apologies if I've read too much into a couple of words and this waffle is irrelevant.

Last edited by andy; 02-25-2007 at 02:54 PM.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote