View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 667366 View Post
I do have a plan with Skype for unlimited calls to the US and Canada for the rest of this year, and so I want to be able to use that with my Voxalot account.
You can't do what you want with VoXaLot. This is because Skype uses a proprietary approach to VoIP, that is incompatible with most of the rest of the VoIP community, including VoXaLot.

Skype can be used on the same network (or even the same computer) as you use other VoIP (including VoXaLot) with, but you still have to use Skype hardware/software to access Skype. I know of no way to access Skype via VoXaLot, as the technologies aren't currently compatible (blame the Skype designers for this, as they deliberately chose to do things in a way incompatible with other VoIP). And worse yet, Skype won't even release the details of their protocol to the public, for others to write software compatible with Skype. As such, even if we had the time to write custom code (for VoXaLot) to support Skype, it wouldn't be an option anyway (as we don't have the needed technical details of the Skype protocol)...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote