View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
AlexErko

AlexErko is on a distinguished road

After a few days' experience with the set-up that I mentioned in the first post in this thread, here are some observations:

1. For some minutes after updating/setting up the SIP settings on my E70, I can receive incoming calls on my VoXaLot number, then no incoming calls get through, ie the phone does not ring at all.

2. All outgoing calls work fine.

3. I have therefore resorted to setting up Fring on my E70 and registered it with VoXaLot; incoming and outgoing calls are fine now. However, I have found that my E70 will close down Fring while the phone is on stand-by if I have not cleared the browser's cache at the end of each session of surfing the net. (According to some speculation on the net, this is because there is not much RAM on E70 phones, so they tend to shut down applications running in the background if too much of the RAM has been used.)

Of course, if your E70 has the latest firmware, ie version 3.0633.09.04, then none of the above may apply to you. I can't be sure about that as my E70 is not yet capable of being upgraded to that version, as I mention earlier in this thread.
AlexErko is offline   Reply With Quote