View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road

Hi Heath,

If I have understood, you want to call from the Billion to Sipbroker for an ENUM lookup ( *013 number ). If there is no ENUM registration for the number, you would like the Billion to pass the call automatically to PennyTel.

I don't think you will able to do this with the Billion. My 7404 clearly states in the docs that it is possible to link a dial plan entry to @ENUM. As far as I understand Billion have not implemented this ( which is why I posted the Sipbroker workaround in this thread ). Even if they had, I doubt they would have included the logic to pass the "failed" ENUM call to another VoIP profile. This is more SIP server capability than VoIP gateway capability.

What I can do in my 7404 is to specify that any VoIP call which results in a range of SIP error codes is automatically passed to PSTN. Note PSTN not another VoIP provider.

This is pretty much the same functionality as outlined on the Sipbroker site for Linksys/Sipura devices i.e a failed ENUM look up is passed to the device's PSTN gateway.

You could use Voxalot instead of Sipbroker to handle the ENUM look up and then pass the "failed ENUM call" to PennyTel, but more work, more links in the chain etc.

You seem pretty determined to make this work, could you explain a bit more why ENUM/sipbroker/PennyTel so important to you ?

Anyway, I hope this helps. My Billion is a 7404VGP with European Firmware 5.60c

Best regards

Grahame
Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote