View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docknden1 View Post
Thanks for it i'll try that and get back to you with the results.

Could you please help me in finding the location where in i can set my LINKSYS PAP2T adapter into the DMZ mode.
It's not the PAP2T, it's router you're allegedly using to connect the PAP2T that has to be configured in order for it to function. You have to enter your router's configuration page and place the IP of the PAP2T in DMZ mode - in essence forwarding all ports to your phone adapter thus eliminating communication problems. This action is in part required because the Linksys PAP2T adapter does not have routing capabilities as it only acts as an end-client.

However, placing your ATA adapter in DMZ is not recommended at all if you happen to have a home network with additional computers. Because the DMZ is enforcing the packets to the designated IP address, that of your phone adapter, connectivity issues with the rest of your computer equipment are more than likely to occur.

I would recommend that you try the "Optimize Audio Path" in your account's settings, try utilizing Voxalot's STUN server, which has recently been upgraded, so to speak and if none of the above work enter your router's web interface but refrain from placing your ATA on DMZ, rather try to establish singular port-forwarding. Two ports actually, one for SIP auth. and the other for the actual voice, RTP packets.

Last edited by sleek; 03-18-2009 at 08:13 PM.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote